Privacy and Data Protection We as the organizer of the 12th Echo Hong Kong cum Meet the Masters & Experts Cardiology Conference, namely Echocardiography (Hong Kong) ("EchoHK") and the 12th Echo Hong Kong, are committed to fully complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) in collecting, maintaining and using your personal data. In particular, we observe the following principles:
- Collection of personal data shall be for purposes relating to 12th Echo Hong Kong and related services as stated below;
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are accurate and will not be kept longer than necessary or will be destroyed in accordance with the internal policy;
- Personal data will not be used for any purposes other than the data that were to be used at the time of collection or purposes directly related thereto;
- Personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure; and
- You have the right of access to and for correction or erasure of your personal data held by us.
- Title, name, nationality, gender, photo, email and correspondence addresses and mobile and office telephone numbers;
- Employment details;
- Professional qualifications;
- Login ID and password; and
- Information relating to the planning and organising of the 12th Echo Hong Kong’s activities.
Use of Personal Data We from time to time collect personal data from you through, inter alia, the "12th Echo Hong Kong" website (the “Website”) primarily for the planning and organising of the 12th Echo Hong Kong.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data Personal data held by us will be kept confidential but they may provide such information to:
- Any authorised agents, advisors, auditors, contractors or service providers who provides product, service or advice to us in connection with the 12th Echo Hong Kong;
- Government bodies and other regulators as required by law including, without limitation, the Ordinance, a court order or a request of law enforcement agency or regulatory authorities; or
- Any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
When personal data is provided to third parties, personal data will only be transferred to such third parties that respect privacy and are under a duty of confidentiality to us and/or who have undertaken to keep such information confidential. While we endeavour to deal only with responsible third parties, we assume no responsibility for the privacy protection provided by such third parties.
If transfer of personal data outside Hong Kong is needed in order to carry out the above purposes or directly related purposes, for which personal data were collected, the transfer will be performed in a manner in full compliance with the requirements under the Ordinance.
Accuracy of Personal Data We have systems and procedures in place to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purpose for which personal data is used. However, we rely on you to inform them of all relevant information and any errors, omissions or changes in such information. You may amend personal data as stated in the "Access and Correction of Personal Data" below.
Retention of Personal Data Personal data collected by us will be retained only for such period as may be necessary for the carrying out of the above purposes or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
Security of Personal Data Personal data collected through the Website and the App is stored and maintained in secure and controlled systems that are not accessible by the public.
In addition, we take appropriate physical, electronic and/or management measures to protect personal data against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, modification, erasure or other use.
We will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Direct Marketing We may use personal data including name, email address and correspondence address to inform you of our activities.
If you do not wish to receive such communications, please send an email to the Conference Secretariat (c/o Connexus Travel Ltd): firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies Some of the web pages on the 12th Echo Hong Kong website may contain "cookies" to enhance data subject's experience of the website. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in data subject's web browser while they are browsing that website. Every time data subject load the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the website server to notify the website of the data subject's previous activities, preferences and browsing patterns.
Access and Correction of Personal Data You may request for accessing personal data held and have such data corrected or erased where appropriate. The request should be made to the Conference Secretariat (c/o Connexus Travel Ltd):
- Address: Unit 501 5/F Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,223 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Tel: (852) 3151 8900
- Fax: (852) 3154 6982
- Email: email@example.com
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.